Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

THE PRIZE


 Who doesn't like to win a prize? I know I do! I am always signing up for contests. Lots of people tell me I am lucky but I say "no I am blessed" because over the years I have won everything from flowers, movie tickets, tickets to amusement parks, concert tickets, American Express gift card, ice show tickets, sunglasses, flying lessons(which I transferred to my son who is a commercial pilot now), inflatable goal posts, a gold watch, door prizes at coffees and Bunco, and most recently an IPOD Touch which became an instant birthday gift to my younger son!!
 These early prizes and rewards are great but do not compare anything to what awaits those who have made Jesus Lord of their life. James 1:12 says "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, for where has stood  the test, he will receive the crown of lifer hat God has promised to those that love him." Wow we get to be like royalty!!  A crown is special. It is the best reward of your life. Better than a Grammy, better than an Oscar, better than a Tony!! They do not compare with the reward of being with Jesus in eternity!
 Where are you today? Have you asked Jesus to be Lord of your life and are your walking with Him daily? If not, why not stop right now and say "Lord Jesus I need you in my life. I want to live for you and serve you. Forgive me for doing my own thing and sinning against you. Come into my heart right now. "
The journey ahead is marvelous. Not always a joy ride because trials will come into your life Hang on to Jesus and He will see you through.  Isaiah 43:2 reminds us "When you pass through the waters I will be with you, and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned. The flames will not set you ablaze."  Look to Jesus  for your strength when the world seems to be caving in around you. He indeed will see you through!!
 PRAYER: Father in heaven thank you for being my best prize ever. I do not need earthly rewards and pats on the back I need you in my life Lord. Shine your light through me. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment