Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

BE A LIVING BREATHING SERMON




Do you show by your  actions that you love the Lord? I did not say do you have a fish on your car, a big cross around your neck, or a Jesus bumper sticker but do you truly show that you are a follower of Christ. All the Christian bumper stickers in the world won't amount to anything unless you show love to those around you.

Are you kind, generous, happy, respectful, grateful, unselfish, and loving? I did not ask if your went to a certain church or were a member of a church but can you get outside your 'Holy  huddle' and show Jesus' love to those maybe who make you feel uncomfortable or who are not just like you?  Can you stop judging, condemning, and pointing the finger long enough to pray for those people who maybe aren't like you or who do not like you?Can you forgive?

Matthew 5:46 says "If you love those who love you what reward  will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?"  Are you able to show love for those who may be different than you let's say covered with tattoos or body piercing as one example. Remember the Bible says in Matthew 7:1 " Judge not that you be not judged." Have you ever been guilty  of saying "I can not stand her" or " he makes me sick?"  Aren't comments such as those a bit on the unloving, unkind, and unchristian side? I would think so. Do you think Jesus sat around with His disciples and said "He makes me sick" or "I can't stand him?" Probably not. Sure he was displeased with actions but not by the people.

Do you realize you reap what you sow? It says that in Galatians 6:7. Look it up in the New Testament right after the four gospels, Acts, Romans, and 1st and 2nd Corinthians there are the books you can find by saying the acronym 'Gentiles Eat Pork Chops' or 'General Electric Power Company' which are Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians. Each of those small,but valuable books of the Bible, is packed with so much wisdom. Why not take about 30 minutes and read them all one day.

Let me leave you with this. Once I heard someone say "You may be the only Bible some people ever read."  This simply means that some people who are 'unchurched' or could care less about 'religious' things may see you and you can reflect the love of Jesus. But if you are complaining, calling people names, gossiping and not showing joy you are not a good example for Him. Just some food for thought for your day. Be blessed to be a blessing.

PRAYER: Lord I choose to walk in a manner that brings glory to you and helps show Christian love and is a good witness Convict me if I ever start to name call or gripe and help me instead learn to sing praises. Forgive me for ever speaking ugly about anyone. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link below for an awesome song of praise.
http://youtu.be/qrOywJnLj7Y

Note: Dated my devotion wrong yesterday. It should have been Wednesday 29 August 2012. Maybe no one noticed but I caught it too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment