Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, August 31, 2012

LOST?



We all lose things don't we? Keys, drivers license, wallet, important papers. It is hard not to sometimes. There was a TV show on a couple years ago entitled simply 'Lost', about survivors from a plane crash trying to find their way back home out of a jungle. Hansel and Gretel were lost and dropped crumbs in hopes of finding their way back home. Losing things and being lost happens in life. We may get lost on a trip driving as we take a wrong turn. Even with a GPS or map it sometimes does not help. Sometimes we just can not find our way.

The Bible mentions the word lost  many times. There are lost coins, lost sheep, parable of lost son. Do you know Jesus as your Lord and  Saviour  or do you often times feel like you are wandering around with no purpose? In Jeremiah 50:6 it says "My people have been lost sheep, their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place." Have you let other more 'important' activities keep you away from the Lord? Are you wandering in the wilderness without turning to God to help you find your way?

The good news is you can find your way with Jesus and the word of God as your compass in life. Isaiah 53:6 says " we all like sheep have gone astray , each of us has turned to his own way, but the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all."

God can give you direction in life if only you will turn to him. It says in John 14:6 that "I am the way, the truth, yes and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me."  Jesus can ChriDirection,direct your paths and keep you from being lost. Psalm 119:105 says "Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."

There is no need to wander lost in life and have no direction. Jesus can be that true light to help you find your way out of the wilderness you am encounter in your journey. Turn to him for guidance.

Let me leave you with two of my favorite Bible verses found in Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."
PRAYER: Lord thank you for guiding me along the path of life. I know when I turn to my own way without you I can make wrong turns in life. I want to use your word as my 'map' to guide me on my journey. In Jesus name.Amen.

Click on link for awesome song of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment