Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

BEEN HURT? GIVE IT TO GOD.



Bitterness,resentment,hatred, lies, false accusations, damaged reputations, loss of a job, broken friendships, betrayals. Lots can happen to make a person angry, hurt, bitter, hopeless, and feeling washed up.

 Let's say someone refuses to forgive you for something. Humanly, anger builds up and  you may be hurt and want them to suffer but that is not God's ideal. James 1:19-20 reminds us "This you know my beloved brethren. Let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. For the anger of man does not produce the righteousness God desires." Anger causes you to sometimes say and do things you will regret later. Try to respond to being hurt in a loving way. To continually 'stir the pot' so to speak, does nothing but keep contempt alive. Perhaps the other individual who has caused the pain humanly deserves to be told off. Will that really resolve things? More importantly, is that how Jesus would want you to act?Probably not.

No one likes to be hurt emotionally by someone especially if it is a close friend, spouse, or other family member. Satan is  the one who causes this type of division. His specialty is dividing families and causing fights. If we could only direct our energies at fighting against him and not people how much better life would be.

Hebrews 12:14-15 says "Pursue peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see God.Looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the glory of God, lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble and by this many be defiled."

PRAYER: Lord I love you and I want to be at peace with all those people you have placed in my life. Help me be careful what I say and how I react. Forgive me for the times maybe I have created hurt in someones life and maybe was unaware of it. My desire is to blow off bad things and focus on joy. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment