Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

STAND IN FAITH!!


Do  you have faith?Even a tiny bit?Faith Is important in many areas of life. First let me define faith. According to Webster's it means loyalty, fidelity to ones' promises, belief and trust and loyalty to God, and having a strong belief.

You have faith when you get in an elevator that it will not plunge to the ground. You have faith in the floor of a building that it will not cave in. If you are married you have faith in the love and loyalty of your spouse to you only. In the Bible it says in Hebrews 11:1 that "now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen."  You have faith that when you pray God hears your prayers. You have faith that when you die if you asked Jesus into your heart you will be in heaven with him for eternity.

2 Corinthians 5:7 says "we live by faith, not by sight." In Hebrews 11:7 speaking of Noah it said "By faith, Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith." Most everyone has heard the story of Noah and seen Hollywood's portrayal of it in 'Evan Almighty' but just imagine being spoken to by God and trying to get those close to you to believe you. It would take an immense amount of faith.

Hebrews 10:23 says "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Also in Matthew 17:20 it says "He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." A good faith verse I like is Romans 4:17 says "As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations.  He is our father  in the sight of God, in whom he believed--the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were." The last part is the part I like when it says "call things as not as though they were." Stop being a dooms day thinker. Say out loud, "Lord I do not know how you are going to deliver _______but I know you will". (Fill in a name in the blank).

 I heard a saying once that said "Believe receive,doubt,do without."  That is good to remember when it comes to faith.What are you believing for today?

 PRAYER: Lord I trust you for the areas in my life that sometimes I do not understand why they are happening. I believe that you are in control and have an awesome plan for my life. Help me to demonstrate that faith to those around me. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment