Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DOWN IN THE DUMPS??TRY GOD.



There are probably times when all of us have had a down kind of day. Circumstances in life, illnesses, and various problems can tend to get our focus off positive things and onto gloom and doom. In many cases a person who is unable to escape from this may need to seek professional help. But many times we are just not focused on happy or positive things. Dwelling on the past has got to stop. Give your worries over to the Lord. If you think about it, much of what you worry about you have no control over anyway so why not get in the practice of being a Bible dweller and not a worry pit dweller.

 Probably everyone has had that kind of day. If things are not going like you want in life and you pray you may wonder why God has not heard. All I know is to stay above the pity pits and gloominess a person has to make a purposeful effort to stay focused on the promises in God's word. It is the enemy, Satan, who wants you to feel all alone and hurt. Don't give the devil a foothold in your life. Stay above the gloom by focusing on God. Read the verses below out loud and see if you do not feel better.

Luke 1:37 Nothing is impossible with God.
Romans 8:28 And we know all things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your cares on God for He cares for you.
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in time of trouble.
Psalm 27:10 Even  if my father and mother forsake me, you Lord hold me close.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Psalm 56:4  In God whose word I trust. I will not be afraid what mortal man can do to me.

When you have this feeling coming on you don't just run and sit in front of the TV as it may add to the despair by what you view on it. Try reading some of the verses above out loud and then spending some time talking to God. It is the best cure I know.

PRAYER: Lord thank you for your word that gives me hope,freedom,strength,and guidance. I love your word Lord and I know the times I find myself gloomy I need to fix my eyes and thoughts on the promises in your word. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link below to worship the Lord in song.
http://youtu.be/0ZFN8TBfgNU

No comments:

Post a Comment