Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

OLYMPIANS! NOW THERE IS DEDICATION!



We in the world are now enjoying the summer Olympics from London and  in awe of the athletic feats of these dedicated athletes. For an athlete to even get picked for the team and then to reach the podium for one of three medals takes a life of hard work, sacrifice, discipline and dedication. You do not become world class by doing something half way.It takes  dedication!
Athletes on a minor scale have to stay fit for the sports they enjoy . You can not just sit on a couch  for months and months then expect to get up and go complete a 10k race. It just will not happen. Discipline and dedication are the keys.

If only we could be as dedicated and devoted to our Bibles and knowledge of Jesus as we were to other things we like whether it is sports, working out, a hobby, or your job. Just think if you were to have a passion for Christ and want to know him better there would be no stopping for winning the gold medal of sorts in your spiritual life. You would be able to better cope with struggles that are bound to come your way.

1 Corinthians 9:24 says "do you not know that in a race all runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. "  I like to run and used to run in lots of races and would always focus on what was ahead of me and not the people behind me. Keep looking towards the finish line of life and not turning around and rehashing the past. Stay focused on Jesus.

Let me leave you  with a verse from Isaiah 40:31 which says " they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint."

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I want to be trained in Godliness and not be a flabby Christian. Help me to utilize the  tools at my disposal, such as my Bible to learn more about you and how to live a Christian life. I know Satan will get me to make excuses for not picking it up daily but I resist him in The name of Jesus as he has no power over me. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment