Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

SIT, STAND, STAY STILL





In the Bible it mentions three commands almost a if training a pet. We are told to sit, stand and stay still.

Ephesians 6:14 tells us to "Stand firm then with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, and the breastplate of righteousness in your place."Matthew 22:44 says "the Lord said to my Lord, sit at my right hand till I put your enemies under your feet."Psalm 46:10 says " Be still and know that I am God.I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted a among the Earth."

 Are you able to be still in His presence? It is against the culture we live in almost to actually sit down and rest. The Bible does say John 14:27 " Peace I leave with you and my peace I give you. Not as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." Also in Isaiah 30:15 it says " in quietness and confidence is your strength."  Exodus 14:14 says "the Lord will fight for you, you only need be still."

Do you stand for Jesus in your life? Is He your strength? Are you able to be still in his presence? Sometimes it is hard to wait, to sit, to stand still or even to stay. We rush, rush, rush. It is time to let go and let God be your controller.

PRAYER: Lord I want to be still in your presence. I want to worship with confidence and peace. Help me to step back Lord and learn to be still. In Jesus name. Amen.

Attached link is a cute video called God and Dog which I find very eye opening.
http://youtu.be/H17edn_RZoY

No comments:

Post a Comment