Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

NO FOOLING. JESUS IS LORD!

Welcome to April Fool's Day! The wonderful day we can pull little pranks on people and then say "April Fools"! Not sure how this day came to be celebrated but you have to be prepared for all sorts of jokers on this day. For me, when I was in the Army, I was notified by a clerk in the generals office at Ft Campbell, Kentucky that I was on the promotion list on April 1!! Now I did not see this in writing and I guess I did not have much confidence in myself as I said, "not funny, April Fools right?" Well it was  not until 6 hours later til I called my branch in Washington DC that I confirmed, in fact, I would go up one rank.  Not a good day to not have 'official paperwork' to look at.

We can joke all we want in life but there is no fooling around with God. When you do not accept Him as Saviour and follow Him it will be no joke where you spend eternity. Eternal life is not something to joke around about.


Do you know if you were to die right now where you would spend eternity? No one knows when they will take their last breath. You know there is a saying that "there are no atheists in foxholes" meaning in times of war when your life could be snuffed out at any moment not too many want to gamble with the 'here after'.  The Freedom from Religion group and Atheists can try to say God does not exit or try to shut Him out of our lives but God is not going anywhere. It is HIS world after all.

Church membership does not save you or guarantee you admission. Baptism alone does not save you. Being a certain denomination does not save you as some denominations claim they are the only way to heaven.  Being a good person will not save you.

John 15:5 says "I am the vine and you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit, for without me you can do nothing."  Pretty clear I would say. But the enemy is out the trying to trick people in to believing they do not need God or they are good enough. Satan is a liar and a deceiver who is out to destroy Christians and he is working hard pretty hard in America to remove God. God is not going anywhere, have no fear. Unless you stay in the word of God you will not know the truth. The word is TRUTH. Do not let them enemy lie to you and try to get you to edit the scriptures to fit the lifestyle you want to live.

Say this prayer if you are not sure Jesus is Lord of your life. " Lord Jesus I need you in my life. I confess my sins to you. Forgive me for when I did not listen to you and went my own way. I want to live for you and serve you. Come into my life today and take control of my life. "  Remember the Bible reminds us there is "none righteous no not one" (Romans 3:10) and in Romans 3:23 that "all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory"? When you ask Jesus to come into your life "old things are passed away and behold all things became new" it says in  2 Corinthians 5:17. Once you do have Jesus living on the inside of you, your life should start to show evidence of the 'fruits of the Spirit' in your life. Galatians 5:22-24 says " But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."

There is no fooling around with eternal life. Do the right thing and ask Jesus to come into your life today and take the controls.

PRAYER: Father many mock your name and joke about heaven. Many make light of the devil making him into a comic strip character instead of the evil sinister character he actually is. Lord help my eyes stay open always to the truth in your word. Take the blinders off anyone in my family who is being deceived by the enemy as well. In Jesus name. Amen.


Note: Today I am including a song by a Christian band called Rush of Fools since it is April Fools Day. Be blessed!
http://youtu.be/iN_DMuahD5o

No comments:

Post a Comment