Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

ENDURE




Are you able to endure through the hard times of life or do you cave in and crumble? Jesus did the ultimate test of endurance up on that cross. Imagine being nailed to a cross and hanging there in pain. Big huge railroad tie like spikes driven into his hands and feet. The weight of his body just hanging there bruised, bleeding, and beaten. He did this for you and I my friend, yet at times we just ignore Him.  He did this for you and I so our sins are forgiven past, present and future!  This was the ultimate torture. It is hard to even imagine it.

What in your life is that bad? Is there a situation you are in the midst of in your personal life or family and you just can not see how it will ever turn out good?

Here in this wonderful country of the United States we do not have to endure lots that people in other countries go through. We complain, moan, and groan about our little inconveniences, aches and pains but they are NOTHING like what the rest of the world goes through. Sure I am not saying we do not have pain, both emotional and physical and pain hurts, believe me, I know.

 I think of a soldier in a prison of war camp being tortured to try to get secrets from him. How many of us could deal with that? Every service member who takes the oath of office to defend this country could at one time or another be subject to that. I am sure glad that the mere 6 years I served I did not have to face that type of treatment.

But our Lord and savior suffered the greatest and did it for us and never complained. In fact while up there he said to the Lord in heaven about his accusers and torturers " Father forgive them for they know not what they do". (See Luke 23:34).

 Can you endure your race of life?? There is blessing in enduring and it produces a wonderful reward. Hebrews 12:2 says "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

PRAYER: Lord forgive me for complaining at times about my 'lot' in life when I really should be thanking you for all the wonderful things you have blessed me with. Help me try to find someone who is worse off than me and help them. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link for worship song.
http://youtu.be/dStIyVOBCKU

No comments:

Post a Comment