Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

PARADISE

When you hear the word 'paradise' what  comes to mind? Perhaps a beach or some other exotic location? Heaven is oftentimes is  referred to as 'paradise'.

In Luke 23:43 when Jesus was hanging on the cross between two common criminals he said "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."  Paradise. Just daydream on it for awhile. No more chaos, no more wars, no more confusion, no more misunderstandings, no more striving but just total beauty and peace! Revelation 2:7 says "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God." In Revelation 21:4 it says "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." Just imagine how wonderful.

For now he has an assignment for we Christians here on this earth before we go to that wonderful place. Are you working for the Lord's kingdom where he has placed you or do you just coast along in life doing your own thing? Say "Lord use me to fulfill your plan and purpose." 1 Corinthians 2:9 says "However, as it is written:“What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” the things God has prepared for those who love him." Just imagine. As much as people in Hollywood's movie industry can dream up the unthinkable in fantastic motion pictures sets they will NEVER be able to dream up anything close to what God has prepared for those who love Him! Do you love Him? I mean REALLY love HIM? Do you look forward to His paradise some day. No one knows when we will be called home. Some leave earth early and some at a very old age. The key is being ready? Are you ready? Do you know if you were to die right now you would be with Jesus in paradise?

2 Peter 3:9 says "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." When men and women reject God and His word they pay the consequences but it does not have to be that way. You can turn from evil and get on the path to walking with the Lord today. It is your choice. Why chance it? Does your life reflect the goodness of God? If you are in question why not get things right today. Revelation 3:16 sort of says it all "So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Are you a lukewarm believer or do not believe at all? Do you think what you are doing or how you are living is good enough? Lukewarm water is just so so  and so are lukewarm Christians. Are you one of them? 

Time to make sure today that you will be in that wonderful paradise someday. You can say this prayer "Father God I need you. I confess I have been living my own way and ignoring your words. Forgive me. I want you to come into my life and set me free and make me clean and whole. In Jesus Name."

A Christian life does not mean everything is easy and without challenges. You might have more challenges. But God is there to help you through.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for being my saviour and Lord. Thank you for this beautiful world we experience now and the wonderful paradise to come once we die and enter our heavenly rest. Forgive me for the times I have not put you first place in my life. In Jesus Name. Amen. 

Click on link for worshipping the Lord in song.
http://youtu.be/pMNwgYWhwx8

No comments:

Post a Comment