Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

GO IT ALONE

 When you have a problem in life you probably like to go to a trusted friend to talk and get advice. But what if the trusted friend is busy or gone or in some incidences maybe friends are nonexistent. What do you do then? Well, my friend you go it alone. No co-dependency is necessary. But you really aren't alone as Jesus is always with you and cares for you. He is your best counselor and in His word are treasures evermore to get you through the rough patches in life. Psalm 23:4 often sited in funerals but good for all of life situations says "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

 Do you ever feel the world has run out on you? Do you ever feel you can never be forgiven for some messes you have made? Do you ever feel like there is no way God will give you another chance? Has there been a time when you think you are worse than anyone else?  Do you ever feel hopeless?  Well guess what? You are special to God. He is your best counsel in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1 says "God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in times of trouble."Are you weighed down with a heavy load of emotional turmoil? Release it to God.

It is Satan who fills your mind and thoughts with negativity and makes you fear and doubt. You have to purpose in your heart to think good things and know that God in fact does love you , NO MATTER WHAT! Romans 8:37 says "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." You can conqueror your enemy!

There is a saying I heard but do not know where, that says "Run to the throne and not the phone" meaning God is your best and most trusted friend. He will not laugh at you. He will not make fun of you. He will not betray you. He, in fact, cares. 1 Peter 5:7 says " Cast your cares on Him for He cares for you."   Yes He does, believe it!!

John 16:33 tells us "I have told you these things so that in me you might find peace.  In the world you will have trouble but take heart for have overcome the world."  You may be overwhelmed at times with no one human is around  to talk to but God is always there in good times and bad. Concentrate on Him and His goodness. Remember what is says in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

PRAYER: Lord thank you for always hearing me and caring for me. Often times I have believed the lies of the enemy and have become discouraged, depressed and fearful. At times mere man has failed me. Thank goodness your love never fails. Thanks for being my best friend. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link to enjoy wonderful song of worship.
http://youtu.be/JmVxRl5bc4Y

No comments:

Post a Comment