Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

STAY JOYFUL NO MATTER WHAT

That is a pretty tall order you might say to stay joyful regardless of what is happening around me. Joyful when my car breaks down? Joyful when I get  bad news? Joyful when someone dies? Joyful when a friend betrays me? Joyful when I run out of money and all the bills aren't paid yet? Joyful when I lose a piece of heirloom jewelry? Joyful when I lose my job? Joyful when my spouse wants a divorce? Joyful when there is a bad medical report?

It is hard to always be happy but we can maintain our joy through changing circumstances.  The joy I am speaking about comes from deep within and is not dependent upon circumstances. God loves you and it is through Him we can have true joy no matter what storms of life are brewing around us.

We can have joy from the Lord  above. He alone can sustain you when you feel like the world is running out on you. This is not saying you are glad these things happened. Who would be? You are sad and hurt but God can still see you through and give you joy through bad times.

In Nehemiah 8:10 it says "the joy of the Lord is your strength". Only through Christ can you have the ability to stand up joyfully during hard times. Christ alone can see you through. 'Through', meaning you are not stuck there. When Job went through the ultimate test of losing it all(Read the book of Job) he said in Job 13:15 "Though he slay me yet will I trust Him". How many of us could do that? It is only with God's help that we can maintain peace and joy through trying circumstances of life.

So hang on to Jesus my friend no matter what is going on in your life. Try to smile and think of good things instead of focusing on the bad. This too shall pass and your life can be whole and healed.

James 1:2-4 says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything". Praise God in good times and bad.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for being with me in good times and bad. I desire for my light to shine for you no matter what is happening in my life. Give me your strength to get through difficult times and to maintain your joy. In Jesus name. Amen!

Click on link for an awesome praise and worship song:
http://youtu.be/NLhb3qUA3uc

No comments:

Post a Comment