Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

LIFE ON A 3 BY 5 CARD

How many of us have to do lists? I know I do. I also keep a prayer list for my family on 3 by 5 blank index cards. I keep them in my car on the dash board and try to pick them up daily to remind myself to pray for my husband, my sons, my sons fiancee, and friends and other family. It is a helpful reminder to do this daily.
These 'three by five cards' could have favorite Bible verses on it. Perhaps prayer requests or people you need to pray for. Many of us who have had to ever be up in front of a group speaking have kept reminders for what we had to remember to say on these cards as well. Our life is run by these cards. Shopping lists and other helpful reminders can be jotted down to stir our memory.

What would you put on your 3 by 5 card? Is there someone you need to remember to pray for? This is an excellent tool to have with you and maybe even keep in your pants pocket where it is easily accessible. Perhaps besides the dollar bills in your wallet so you see it when you pull out money. Some folks may have a habit of jotting reminders down on their 'palm pilot' aka the real palm of their non writing hand. Helpful and right there in front of you until you go to bathroom and wash the ink away. That 3 by 5 card is a good ministry tool to keep handy to be able to remember who you need to remember in prayer on a regular basis or for a critical need.

Why not start this 3 by 5 card  habit today? If you have trouble getting a certain Bible verse into your head write it down on a card and look at it periodically to remind you of God's promises. Let me give you one or two to start your card collection.

Proverbs 3:5-6 has always been a favorite of mine and it says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths". What a great verse of hope to start your day with! Next how about the all familiar John 3:16 which many already have known since a child but which pro football player Tim Tebow has brought to the forefront. It says "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Do you know if you died today you would be in heaven with Jesus? If not why not stop now and say a prayer and ask Him to come into your heart and control your life. He is waiting. Why not ask Him to be Lord of your life today?

PRAYER: Father thank you for the ability you give us to remember things. Thanks for the promises in the word of God. Help me remember to jot some down to carry with me throughout my day to remind me to read the Bible and remind me to pray for others. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment