Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

BEAR ONE ANOTHER'S BURDENS

When you have a problem do you try to keep it to yourself or do you find a trusted friend to share things with? Do you bear your struggles alone? The reason for counselors is that it helps to talk to someone when issues arise in your life. No one should shoulder problems himself. I read a devotion the other day from CMDA(Christian Medical Dental Association)  that said most people when asked how they were doing always replied "fine". What if we were to be honest and say something to the effect "well my dog is sick, my car is in shop, my mom is in hospital with kidney failure, my best friend is mad at me and on it goes"? You get the point. Most of us would not do that but it is such a pat answer to simply say "Fine" and probably not truthful in many peoples cases. I have heard another reply I love too and it is when asked this question to say "If I were any better I would be twins". Love it!

In Galatians 6:2 it says "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Can you do this? Can you help another by easing their pain and struggle somewhat? Sometimes just a shoulder to cry on is all someone really needs.Romans 15:1 says "We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves." We all may be in need of help someday. Just like in the case of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)where he stopped to give assistance, everyone at one time or another needs a helping hand. If you can assist a friend in need, do it. Sometimes people just need to talk. Can you be the listening ear for a friend who has a problem or who is hurting? Romans 12:15 tells us to "weep with those who weep". Galatians 5:14 says "The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." A sign of love is being there for someone in their time of need. Do not be in too big a hurry in life you do not stop to care for your brothers and sisters who are needing a boost. Sometimes when you hurt helping others even helps alleviate your sadness. Give it a try!

PRAYER: Lord thank you for giving me the means to be able to reach out and help someone in need. Make me sensitive to those who are hurting and show me creative ways I can be a help to those in my path that may just need someone to listen to them. Help me to stop and not rush around so much I am not available to help. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment