Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

PIT STOPS FROM GOD

Has anything ever happened in your life and you get  upset and wonder why God isn't answering your prayers? Sometimes He has a different plan than what your plan is and perhaps tells you in a round about way it is time to take a 'pit stop' for a while. For anyone who has watched a NASCAR race on TV you see the race cars can not continue forever. They have to eventually pull into the 'pit' so the crew can hurriedly check them out and get them on the road again. This 'servicing' is necessary to keep them running and operating at their peak performance. Sometimes things happen in life and we wonder why. Then  on down the road we understand why. The answers are not always right before our face. Sometimes something seemingly bad turns out to be just what was needed to get you on the path God had for you.

Isaiah 55:18 says "for my thoughts are not your thoughts and neither are your ways my ways says the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11 is familiar to many and it says " for I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Proverbs 3:5-6 says " trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Matthew 6:33 tells us to " seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto us."

Are you putting God first? Do you start the day with prayer and reading His word?  If we keep ignoring Him how do we expect to know the path He wants us to stay on?

Isaiah 43:19 says "behold I am  doing a new thing! Now it springs up. Do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." What a wonderful verse for hope and promise.
Where are you at today? Do you believe God has  a wonderful plan for your life if only you will trust Him and follow Him?  Proverbs 16:9 says "God can plan His way but only God can order his steps".  Whatever is happening in your life today whether good or bad trust God to get you through and look to him for guidance. Man can plan his way but God orders his steps.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for guiding my steps and picking me up when I fall. Forgive me when I have gone my own way or been mad when things seemingly went sour. You know the 'big picture' and as the saying goes ' the end of the story is not written yet.' You have a plan for my life and help me not compare myself to someone else and want what they have.  Thank you for where you have me in my life today. in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment