Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

VALUABLE LESSONS TO BE LEARNED

 I saw a church sign recently that read 'Lost Battles Teach Valuable Lessons'. Oh how true that is. When we are at our lowest point sometimes is when we learn the greatest lessons of life. Trouble has a way of teaching us things. The best lessons of life sometimes are learned when we have to get on our knees in prayer. Things are going along great then something bad happens. Life takes a U Turn as the saying goes. Do we fall apart or do we 'get up little soldier' and keep going?

When you fall in a mud puddle you do not just stay there and get all dirty and wet but you get up out of the muck and go wash off. Same thing in life. Things happen and sometimes they are very hurtful but as in the Army they call it 'lessons learned', in life too it is a valuable teacher. When we are at our lowest point is sometimes when we reach out to God the most, or at least it should be that way. Also in the military it is called 'foxhole religion' but unlike in foxhole religion where it is a passing prayer "Oh Lord Get me out of this and I will serve you forever"  when bad things happen, if we run to God and get into the word and learn, then we do get stronger for what we have gone through.

 Sonia Lee, a singer out of Nashville who I heard perform at Nashville's famed  Bluebird Cafe a few years ago has a wonderful song called "Trouble Is The Best Teacher I Know" and there was a time in my life where that song helped me get through some rough times. Trouble is truly a teacher. If we did not ever have a problem how would we learn and get stronger? Think of the palm tree that weathers hurricane force winds yet still bends with the winds and remains standing. We too get beat around at times but we lean on the Lord and He alone is our strength and comforter when we have nothing else. For some that is literal. For instance the prisoner who has no one else to talk to.

My blog is called God's Lemonade Stand meaning it is a way to bring refreshment to weary souls but the other kind of lemonade you hear about in Christian circles is God making lemonade out of the 'lemons' of life.  Those lemons need doctored up a bit before they are sweet enough to enjoy as a beverage. God does heal our hurts and calm our weary hearts. He will see you through. Trust him. Time is a healer.

When problems in life overwhelm us go to the rock, meaning Jesus. Get into his word as it is only through the word of God that comfort can come. Psalm 92:19 says "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Isaiah 66:13 says "As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."

PRAYER: Father I need you today and every day. I do not need to wait til overwhelmed with the issues of life but I need you in good times and bad. Thank you for the hope and comfort only you give. I look to you as my strength father. I will not worry when problems come because you are bigger than any of life's problems. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Click on link to listen to a wonderful praise song. I have included two today since it is Sunday for you to enjoy and worship the Lord with.
http://youtu.be/JmVxRl5bc4Y

http://youtu.be/cIvDCV4e318

No comments:

Post a Comment