Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, January 27, 2012

KEEP LOOKING UP

Some days it is just hard to stay focused and positive. You start out with good intentions then something happens to throw you off your game, so to speak. So how do you react when things do not go as planned? Do you worry, fret, pace the floor, or do you think to actually give the situation to God and say "Hey Lord I need you in good times and not so good times." Does praying come to mind? The Lord wants to 'talk' to you daily by you coming to Him in prayer. Don't just wait until there is a crisis but call out to Him each and every day. Jeremiah 33:3 is often referred to as 'God's telephone number' and it simply says "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Matthew 6:33 says "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.". Do you 'look up' to the heavenly father and call out to Him in prayer? Seek his face, seek his face continually.

Looking up is a good thing. Look to the heavens. There was a cute Jody call in the Army we sang while running in formation and one verse went "What's the use of looking down, Ain't no discharge on the ground.Am I right or wrong? You're right! Correct me if I'm wrong. you're right!" When you look down you will trip and fall or walk into something .Keep your eyes focused above.

Hebrews 12:1-2 says "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Just keep focused on the prize, the goal, of knowing Jesus better!

It is so easy to get caught up in things we have no control over and Satan would love it if you would waste valuable time pondering and fretting. Let Jesus have the wheel  and let Him be your guide. Call on Him today. Keep looking up  and let God control your life.

PRAYER: Father I thank you that you do not want me to bear my own burdens. You want me to call on you and give you my cares. I thank  you Lord for being in control of my life. Help me learn to trust you and seek your face. In Jesus Name. Amen .

Click on link to listen to 2 wonderful worship songs. Be blessed. Happy Friday!
http://youtu.be/-X4Q-yFB-NQ

http://youtu.be/iv68ruS6DVE

No comments:

Post a Comment