Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

THANKS ARE ALWAYS IN ORDER

It is good to have a grateful heart. It makes you feel better and gives you a better outlook on life. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 tells us to give thanks in all things. Get in a habit of waking up and starting each day saying "thank you Jesus for another day of life you have given me to enjoy". After that say "Lord what it is you want me to do today to bring joy to someone else?" When you start thinking of your blessings and ways to help others you can put to rest those negative thoughts that may be creeping up wanting to take residence in your mind. The trials, worries, fears, doubts that are waiting at the doorstep of your life trying to come in can be put off by starting to praise Jesus.

Make a list of what you have to be thankful for. Start with something as simple as fresh clean running water. Many Third World countries do not have this blessing. Thank the Lord you are in a country where we are free to openly worship Jesus and read our Bible. Last night I was at "Secret Church" which was a simulcast from David Platt's church in Birmingham, Alabama (www.brookhills.org/secretchurch) and it was even broadcast into countries where the Bible is not allowed. We are so blessed to be able to openly worship the Lord. Do not take this for granted! Next thank the Lord for a home to live in. We may complain my house is not spacious enough or if only I had a rec room or if only I had a pool.I have friends being foreclosed upon right now so if you have shelter give thanks no matter how big or small it is. Next be thankful for your job or your spouses job. A couple days ago a friend shared with me how her husband had been laid off after 20 years of management. Ouch. You have to have a strong faith in the Lord to get through times like this. Be thankful for good health because we are only one phone call away from a scary medical diagnoses that could turn your world upside down. Do you have clothes to wear? Probably most of us have a closet full of things we do not even need when others in the world have nothing. So give thanks there too. Be thankful for ability to see, walk, touch, taste, feel, and hear. I had some spots in my eye one day that caused me to not focus. It freaked me out thinking, 'what if I lose my ability to see and can not write my devotions anymore?" I got scared. I took my eyes off Jesus and focused them on the problem. Kind of like when there was a storm at sea and disciples cried out "Lord save us'. (See Mark 4:35-40). Another huge thing I thank the Lord for are friends. A tremendous blessing to be able to have someone to go have coffee with, see a movie with or just talk. I do not take this for granted as I have had friends betray me or who did not want to be my friend anymore and it hurts.So keep being a good friend to those in your life.

Ephesians 5:18-20 says "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Go have a wonderful day and stop to give thanks to Jesus for all he has done. The more you praise him the less you will complain.


PRAYER: Thank you Lord for another day to enjoy your blessings. Thank you for family and friends and for the gift of life. We praise your name forever and give you thankful for all things. In Jesus Name.Amen.


http://youtu.be/Y1WmzRxBGFY

No comments:

Post a Comment