Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

ARE YOU HUMBLE...REALLY??

(Friday 8 April 11 devotion sent out early)

What does it mean to be humble? Do not be puffed up because of a position you hold. Do not start to perceive you are better than people because of where you live, who you know or the talents you possess. Everything you have is from God anyway. He gives you your gifts, talents and ability to gain wealth. Give him the praise and glory and ask him to help you stay humble.

No one likes to be around someone who brags or boasts. Matthew 23:12 tells us" For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." Proverbs 27:2 says "Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips."

You can see license plates that are personalized otherwise known as 'vanity tags' because many of them  are 'braggy' and 'vain'. I have seen 'IMCUTE', 'SEXY1', 'HOTSTFF', 'CUTYPIE' and many more who are letting people know who drive by that they are cute in their own opinion.

If you need humility make an effort to praise others for the things they have accomplished. Put others before yourself and get your mind off yourself. If you are complimented take it graciously and never start to feel superior.

Romans 12:3 tells us to "For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you."

Don't be arrogant thinking you have it made. 1 Corinthians 10:12 says "So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!" When you start to brag and get overly confident watch out.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for all the wonderful things in my life. I know you have given me all the blessings and it is because of you that I live where I live and do what I do. Help me remember I am not better than anyone else. Everyone is special to you and each person is unique to you and serves a different purpose in your kingdom. Forgive me if I have ever started to brag about anything and give me the ability to give you the praise and glory for everything. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment