Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

CHILL OUT

Do you have things in your day that just cause you to lose your focus and your peace? Pretty much all of us do at one time or another. Big events coming up sometimes cause stress and lack of peace. Worry about the future is another biggie to take away peace. Maybe trying to live up to expectations of others can cause a tiny peace deficit. So how do you maintain peace in a chaotic world?

First it is important to stay focused on God. There is a verse in the Bible that says " in this world you will have much tribulation but be of good cheer I have overcome the world." (See John 16:33). Day to day living can pretty much cause us to lose peace at times. When we lose peace we need to remember to not let it effect our relationships with others. Sometimes stress can cause us to 'pop a cork' with our loved ones or friends. The enemy sure loves things like that. The key is to say 'this too shall pass' and move on in life.

John 14:27 tells us "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." Isaiah 26:3 says "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."  Life will throw you a curve ball every now and then. You want things to happen on your time table so you can get the stress of thinking about it behind you and get on with life. Know that God loves you and he knows what you are going through.

A spiritual discipline is learning to focus on God and not issues in your life. Pray about them and let them go. God has a plan for you and stressing over it will not help change things in the long run. 1 Peter 5:7 says for us to "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."

PRAYER: Lord I need you in to control every area of my life.Forgive me for not trusting you for every detail of my life. I know Lord pondering and mulling things over and over does no good and only causes me a lack of peace. I want to glorify you Lord with a peaceful spirit. Strengthen me to live for you and give you total control. In Jesus Name. Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAtWjBDFeM

No comments:

Post a Comment