Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

GLORY TO GOD

What does it mean to give glory to God? Glory is praise and thanksgiving offered as an act of worship. Something that brings honor.Do things you say and do in your daily life bring glory to the Lord? Remember back when the WWJD acronym was popular which stood for "What Would Jesus Do?" It was a good way to remind ourselves if what we did lifted up the name of Jesus or shamed him. Did we represent him or drag his name in the mud?

If you call yourself a Christian it means more than simply being an American. It means you have surrendered your life to Jesus and have asked him to be Lord of your life and have given your heart to Him. It means when you do something and achieve greatness that you give the praise and glory to the Lord and not take credit yourself. It is the Lord who helps you achieve greatness and success and directs your path. We owe him the honor, praise and glory.

Do your actions to your family and friends bring glory to God? If not what do you need to do about it? Try to do all things as if God is right there looking over your shoulder because he is ever present. He can help you get through difficult times and he can lift you up when  you are bowed down. Just call on him. 1 Corinthians 6:20 says "you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

Psalm 3:3 says "But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high."

Romans 8:18 says "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."

Romans 11:33-36 says " Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!  “Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?”  “Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them?” For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen."

We should try to be examples and light up the world around us and seek to be more and more like Jesus. 2 Corinthians 3:18 tells us "But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

Someone who is glorifying the Lord is not constantly ridiculing others, complaining, bickering, bitter and unforgiving but they are filled with the spirit of God to overflowing and truly want to please him in their actions.

So does the glory of the Lord shine through you to others? If not ask Him to change you right now to conform to his image and light your world around you for the kingdom of God.

When I was attaching the song below to this devotion there was a comment by a  young lady who said her soon to be fiancee had died at age 24  three months ago and this was played at his funeral. She was in much pain which is understandable. I can not imagine her grief but she said he walked with the Lord and this song spoke of his life. How many of us could sing "glory to God' in a situation  like that? I am not sure I could.

Psalm 34:3 says "Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together." If you are feeling less than glory filled right now try praising God and giving him thanks for everything good or bad. He has a plan and he loves you.

PRAYER: Father I want to bring glory to you in every area of my life. Guide my steps and help me keep my thoughts pure and heart turned towards you. Forgive me when I have had wrong thinking and have doubted your love for me. Today I will seek to glorify you as I go about my day. In Jesus Name, Amen.


http://youtu.be/h64opCwLZCw

No comments:

Post a Comment