Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, April 18, 2011

HEART BREAKER

For those of you who are blessed to be parents you know you would do anything for your children. When your child disobeys you or later in life takes a wrong path it breaks your heart and hurts you tremendously. You have poured your heart and soul into this little being, who is only on loan from God anyway for you to raise (See 1 Samuel 1:27). When they hurt you by disobeying, shunning you or just plain are rude it brings great heartache. Imagine Gods heartache for his children when we turn to our own ways and do not acknowledge him or give him the time of day.You wound God's heart by going against his word and not wanting to be more like him.

One of the prayers we often pray in Moms in Touch is "Lord help my childs' heart be broken by what breaks your heart." Disobedience does not cause God to not love you. He will always love you no matter what you do. 3 John 1:4 says "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."

Remember the story of the Prodigal son where he had squandered what his father gave him and led a life full of sin? When he decided to come home his father welcomed him with opened arms and killed the fatted calf to celebrate. (See  Luke 15:11-32). We would do that for our children too. So would God. He loves us so much he gave up his only son Jesus so that we might have eternal life. We think of that as we get ready to celebrate Easter next Sunday.

God may discipline us just as any earthly parent disciplines their child. If you do not discipline your child he or she may grow up out of control and bratty. God does not want us to be little brats either so sometimes chastening happens for our own good. Hebrews 12:11 tells us "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."  The parent says to the child when having to render punishment, "This is going to hurt me more than you" and believe me it does. No one wants to spank a child but you do not want unruly citizen with no boundaries as an adult either. That is why the Lord disciplines us so we learn to live within God's boundaries, the Ten Commandments.

So today choose you this day who you will serve. You can not serve both God and man. Who is first in your life? Matthew 6:33 tells us to "seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you."

Job 5:17-18 says "Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal."

Prov 1:28-31 "Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me. Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord, since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes."

PRAYER: Lord I am thankful to be your child. Forgive me when I do not act like I know you. I know that hurts you. Forgive me for not wanting to spend more than one hour a week with you too. Father I know you are there with open arms ready for me to come running back. Thank you that no matter how distant I get from you, you are always there ready to take me back and forgive. In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment