Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

IT"S NOT ABOUT HOW HARD YOU FALL ...

....It is about how you pick yourself up. I actually heard this on a  TV show two nights ago and thought it would make a good devotion title to build upon. We can fall down literally or figuratively but it is not just falling or failing that is the issue at hand but how we deal with it. Do you have a good attitude no matter what? If not why not? Do you enjoy staying down in the dumps and forlorn or do you want to 'rise again' and have victory and move on in life? It is your choice.

When you stumble and fall you need to get up, pick yourself up, shake it off and move on. Do not stay in a heap on the ground or you will go nowhere. Do not feel sorry for yourself but see failures as a way to build up courage for the future and learn from your mistakes.

Philippians 4:13 is one of my favorite verses and it says "I can do all things through him who gives me strength."  Another motivational verse for chugging on ahead is Isaiah 40:31 which says "Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings as eagles, They will run and not be weary they will walk on not faint." So get up and get going. Do not let a little stumble here or there throw you off course. Keep your eyes on Jesus.

PRAYER: Thanks Lord for helping me through things when I get tripped up in life. I know my hope is in you and when things cause me to get off course I know you are there to help me get things right again. In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment