Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

SPEAK GOOD THINGS

I am restored, redeemed, set free,forgiven and  a child of God. It makes you feel better just saying these things out loud doesn't it? There is so much negative, complaining, scary talk out there these days that we need to say things to ourselves to stay upbeat, positive and encouraged. The news is never really happy and there seems to be an abundance of problems to go around. You may wake up and feel defeated some days and it is all you can do to get yourself going. Get up and proclaim out loud "This is the day the Lord has made I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!"(Psalm 118:24).

You may have been told you're no good, you won't amount to anything, you can't do that, you are stupid and on it goes. It is time to speak good things into your spirit. There may be people in your life who speak negativity into you and you feel as if you have to defend yourself. Stop the bad talk and replace it with 'God talk'. Refuse to allow others to get you down. Stay out of that self pity pit.

Philippians 4:8 says "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

If you are feeling defeated and beat down start your day waking up saying "I am a child of the king". " I am loved and special". "I will shine Jesus Love on someone in my little world today." " I am made in God's image and he loves me".

Satan is the accuser of the brethren(see Revelation 12:20)  and the father of lies(see John 8:44). It is him who puts bad thoughts in your mind. You say "In the name of Jesus I reject that lie Satan!"  The Bible says in Matthew 16:33 "Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”  Talk out loud to the enemy. Say "enemy in the mighty name of Jesus I refuse to believe your lies and I am strengthened by Jesus and I only believe the truth so leave me alone!"

There may be situations in your life that do get you down but you do not have to stay down. Make a mental discipline of trying to think good things.  1 Peter 5:10 tells us " And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

Rejoice and be glad because Jesus is Lord!!

PRAYER: Thank you Lord that you love me so much you gave your life for me. I am extremely special and valuable to you and you have a distinct plan and purpose for me being on this earth. Forgive me when I have let a negative spirit drag me down and make me gloomy. I choose this day to focus on the good news that you are Lord and you have all things under control. In Jesus Name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment