Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, April 4, 2011

A SUN BEAM FOR GOD

How many of you reading this remember the children's song 'A Sun beam a sun beam. Jesus wants me for a Sun beam. A sun beam a sun beam I'll be a sun beam for him?' I may have 'dated' myself but still this cute little song has a real meaning when it comes to our life as a follower of Jesus. We are to let our light shine as it says in Matthew 5:16.

Across the Southern US yesterday there were pretty bad storms as well as tornado watches similar to what occurred during the 1974 Super Outbreak. Thankfully it did not turn out like in the past which I remember well from my days in college in Kentucky. In the midst of that yesterday a couple times the sun shone brightly and for a brief moment gave hope the bad stuff was behind us. These momentary sunbeams helped brighten our day for a few brief moments.

Jesus is our hope in the storms of life. Jesus is our light and shines his love into a dark world. John 1:5 says "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it." Jesus is the light of the world. In John 8:12 it says "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Light always dispels the darkness. When you enter a room at night and turn on the light if there are any cockroaches they hate the light so they run and hide. Sin is like that. It hides in the darkness. John 3:19 tells us "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil."

Let Jesus be your sun beam to light your path and show you the way. Follow him to be wise and let your light shine for Him.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for lighting my path daily and brightening up the dark places in my life. In Jesus Name. Amen.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUJRZY2seCw

No comments:

Post a Comment