Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS

I always like this cute little saying. It could be the same as 'without rain there are no rainbows'. In every life a little 'rain' must fall. Without a 'test' there is no 'testimony'. No 'messes' means no 'messages'. "Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining." These are good ways to show that just because something is bad, does not mean it will stay bad. God can use all situations in life for his glory.That is what it is all about anyway isn't it?

Now for someone who is dealing with cancer or some other terminal illness things can look bleak and these verses may even make them mad. I mean come on now, what good is cancer or some sickness? I can not answer that but all I do know is God is faithful and he has a plan. He does not bring on bad things but he can use them to mold our character and also to bring us closer to him.

In Joel 2:25 it says "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten--the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm--my great army that I sent among you." I look at this verse and say to myself that all the bad things in the past God can use them and redeem them. Most of us are familiar with Romans 8:28 which says
 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

God can take awful things and make them good. Death is going to happen to all of us. So many  want to come down on God when someone dies and he gets all the blame. It's like "well hey God you are God and you could have stopped this." Our ultimate goal is to live with Him in heaven and we are to do all things to work towards that goal. No one ever said everything in life was going to go perfect. It is through trials that we grow and develop character.

In Genesis 50:20 there is a verse that says "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives". I look at this verse with hopeful expectation. Satan is the one who is out to kill, steal, and destroy(See John 10:10) and it is God who has a purpose for anything and can use it in our lives. This verse was from when Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers but as you know God knew the 'big picture' and he had a plan.

So whatever you are going through today trust that God has a plan and ask him to give you the strength to cling to him in the storms of life.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus we often do not understand why bad things have to happen. But help us hang on and just keep praying and believing. Forgive me if I have ever gotten mad at you Lord for not getting 'my way'. I want your way Lord. In Jesus Name. Amen.

http://youtu.be/xGPS8sa-bRQ

No comments:

Post a Comment