Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Unsubscribing


He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

I just went through the process of ‘unsubscribing’ from unnecessary electronic junk mail and even some worthy emails. After a while it seems it takes forever to wade through the unnecessary to get to what you really need to see. Your life can get like your inbox too if you don’t keep it in check.

Too many club meetings. Too much volunteering and saying yes to every thing worthy. Too many sports and club activities for children. Too much unorganized clutter to deal with at home. You have to ask yourself if you are allowing so much seemingly good stuff in your life you are not having time to be still and hear God’s voice. Even the hours there are no calendar items, you may have your TV blaring or computer on and once again no stillness. You have to make a choice. If you enjoy this chaos then more power to you bit when is enough activity and busyness enough? Do you desire to be still and have less going on in your life? 

Today step back and take inventory of your daily schedule and that of your children. Is it doing you more harm than good. Really think and pray about this and then maybe make some much needed adjustments and do some ‘unsubscribing’. 

PRAYER:I love you Lord and I love being able to simply be still. The enemy is the master distractor trying to keep me on a treadmill that often leaves you far away. I plan to change things and I need your help. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment