Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Shush Little Mouth


“But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12:36-37
Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble with mouth control? By this I mean thinking before speaking. Words can get you into so much trouble if not thought out or done in haste. Different personalities receive communication in various ways so that too factors in. What is the solution? 
If you do a search in the Bible you will find many passages in scripture on the tongue, speech, the mouth, and words. It obviously is an extremely important area. Words spoken in haste can create so much trouble and end up requiring just as much damage control. So what to do? 
Be still,think, and if a dicey situation and you wonder if you should add your ‘two cents’ pray first. Your brain needs to get a message to your mouth sometimes to just ‘shush’ and things would be so much better in the long run. 
PRAYER: Lord I need so much help in this area. Wanting to give opinions whether in person or on Social Media can cause so much trouble. Also uttering things I wish I had not said. Give me strength to have self control in this area and glorify you in what I choose to say. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment