Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Hearing Impairment Is A Bummer


I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint. The the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. Habakkuk 2:1-2
For several years now I have had issues with my hearing. Some close to me say I have a selective hearing loss but I do in fact have a very high frequency loss and also low frequency. Only in between do I hear properly. On top of that I have severe ringing in my ears so it can become a struggle to understand others at times even wearing my hearing aids I got through VA. 
Hearing loss is bad but it is worse to have spiritual hearing loss where you may be ignoring the voice of the Lord and Holy Spirit. God speaks but do you listen? Do you ignore His still small voice? He speaks to you through His word, the Bible, if only it is picked up and read. I have had specific issues going on in life and literally a verse jumped right out at me. For instance in Army training I opened my Bible to Psalm 18:29 which says “For by You I can crush a troop, And by my God I can leap over a wall.” Talk about timing. 
Do you think you never hear from God? Try opening up your Bible and just start reading and see if things don’t change. 
PRAYER: Lord I love how your word speaks to me. Help me be still and listen to your still small voice. When I turn off noise around me I am more likely to hear. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky: I,too, have a hearing loss. I received hearing aids this past November. Also, I hear the ringing (more like a buzzing.) Just this morning, a friend told a few of us a young woman's name. I had it wrong for nine years due to the way I heard the name. Even today, I had to ask her how that name was spelled. Thank you for your transparency.

    ReplyDelete