Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, February 19, 2018

Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Taken



Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

I have sign prominently displayed on a wall at home given to me by a sweet long time friend that says the same thing as today’s title. She knows me all too well and I have to look at this sign periodically to remind myself. (Thanks Henny!) Maybe you have issues with this as well.

The ‘world’ may try to squeeze you into a mold. Why do you have to carry a designer purse, be in a certain club, wear a particular brand of shoes or jeans, have manicured nails or multiple ear piercings. Maybe this issue is more pertinent in a woman’s life than that of men but never the less I know it is a huge issue in a teenage girls’ life. Adult woman can deal with it to. Don’t be comparing yourself to others. 

Be content with who God made you to be and stand up tall with your shoulders back. Stay humble, stay pure, stay engaged in life. Don’t weary yourself over being somebody you are not. Enjoy life and thank Jesus daily. 

PRAYER: I am thankful for who you made me to be and ask that you help me not wish I was someone else. I give thanks for the blessings in my life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment