Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, February 26, 2018

Go For The Gold!


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, Colossians 3:23
The 2018 Winter Olympics are now in the history books. They are my favorite as I am a big fan of winter sports. The years of preparation, discipline, sacrifice, money spent adds up to either the ‘thrill of victory’ or ‘the agony of defeat’ borrowing this from the former TV show ‘Wide World Of Sports. The ultimate prize is that coveted Gold Medal although, any spot on podium is good. 

In life are you going for the gold? By this I mean are you striving for excellence in all areas of your life? Not necessarily trying to attain riches but to be an excellent example wherever you happen to be in life. Do you ‘go for the gold’ in your job? If that job is at home are you striving for excellence as a mom and homemaker? When you are in college are you giving it your best? Don’t give up, press on, and know you can do all things with Christ strengthening you(See Philippians 4:13) and do them in a worthy manner. 

Challenge yourself to not be a quitter and call on God to see you through the tasks ahead of you. Ask Him to give you what it takes to finish strong and represent Him well. 

PRAYER: I love being able to shine for Christ no matter where I am. There may be times I have slipped up and done less than stellar but you give me grace Lord and help me as I pick myself back up and charge on. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment