Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Laughter Indeed Is Best Medicine


A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

I was sitting at O'Hare International Airport recently getting ready to board a flight when a funny text came through from a friend and I couldn’t help but truly Laugh Out Loud(LOL). Others around me probably thought I had a medical problem. Thinking of it now as I write makes me crack up.

Isn’t laughter wonderful? Sometimes you don’t feel like laughing but if you can get a good belly laugh every now and then it truly helps. I often times like to read funny, but clean, greeting cards to laugh. I love sending funny cards to people. Everyone could use a good hardy har har every now and then. Laughter is a great healer for the soul. Look at Patch Adams, MD portrayed by actor Robin Williams in the 1998 film ‘Patch Adams’ where he used humor to help heal.

Do you need lifted up from a pit of despair? Try laughing out loud truly. Do you know someone who needs to be cheered up then send them a funny card. Bad stuff happens but eventually smiles have to return. Go laugh now!

 PRAYER: I am thankful for friends who make me laugh and am grateful I can ring cheer to others as well. Help me never stop being joyful. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment