Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Aargh!!



So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves. Galatians 5:16

Does this word above ever describe how you feel in some situations? It is quite human at times to get aggravated and exasperated but when you are attempting to live a spirit filled life you need to get a grip on things of the flesh that could cause you to explode. Step back, breathe, pray. Repeat. 

I often urge my friends to take a DAWG day which means a ‘day alone with God’ and step back and regroup spiritually.  You have to schedule it or it will not happen. Granted, moms with babies and small children may have a difficult time having this time alone. Perhaps while the baby is asleep have you time alone.  

Whatever is bothering you today and making you want to scream, try to sit quietly before the Lord and rejoice in His goodness and the things He has done for you. Let go of any anger, bitterness, and junk from the past. Ask God to help you get healed of a wounded spirit. Continue to press on to the joys that lie ahead. 

PRAYER: I want to be a shining light on a hill for you Lord. There are times things push my buttons and I start to regress into my old nature. Help me break strongholds that do this to me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment