Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Ouch, My Heart Hurts!



 Don’t be quick to fly off the handle.Anger boomerangs. You can spot a fool by the lumps on his head. Ecclesiastes 7:9(The Message)

Everyone probably deals with hurts, disappointments, failures, and rejection but the Christmas season can accentuate the pain and heartache. "Pity parties unite tonight" I say. Feeling sorry for yourself can be normal but has to be nipped in the bud someway somehow as even if it is seemingly justified it can lead to a host of other issues. 

A friend mentioned to me that feeling the pain of being let down, left out, overlooked, tossed aside is exactly probably the pain Jesus feels when we reject him or just give Him 'token' love sort of like being in a club and occasionally showing up for a meeting but turning your back on Him the rest of the time. Many people really hurt this time of year and saying "there is no place like home for the holidays" means nothing to them. 

Are you dealing with heartache of some sort today my friend? Don't turn your back on God. Talk to Him. Tell Him exactly how you feel. He can give you the strength to face, conquer, and get through any situation. Only trust Him.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus you are my most trusted friend and confidant. When my friends, family or strangers reject me you are there with arms open wide and you care and understand. I want to be immersed in your overflowing flow so I don't have time to be angry at others or feel sorry for myself. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment