Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 19, 2016

And That's Okay!





Now  there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 1 Timothy 6:6-8

Do you catch yourself trying to be like others in many ways? Maybe you say you have left those high school 'every be alike days' behind but in fact, you still deep down, feel like you have to be a certain way or fit a certain mold. Maybe you worry about your house, your talents, your skills. 

This feeling could crop up in the way you study the Bible. I know sometimes I have a hard time sticking with a certain method and feel undisciplined, but in fact, maybe people study in different ways because the Holy Spirit is directing your steps in a different way. Perhaps you get concerned that your life is not like someone else's. God has each of us on a unique journey and it is only the enemy that attempts to make you feel inadequate. 

So right now today make up your mind to give thanks to God for how you are, where you are, what you are able to do and stop being concerned you have to be like every other person or feeling not good enough. Rejoice you are a wonderful creation of God. He does not make mistakes. 

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I have allowed the enemy to make me discontent or make me wish I was someone else or could do certain things. Help me embrace just who I am and where I am in life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky: Until we learn that God made us in a certain way, we will have this tendency to want to be like someone else. It is only when we realize that we are God's child and His creation, will we find happiness in who we are. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete