Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Mad At God? Why?



For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways my ways declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

Many people get angry at God and even refuse to go to church anymore because of something they think God did or didn't do. Maybe you have been one of these individuals. Prayer goes out for a loved one but they die. You get mad at God. Numerous times you have prayed for healing but to no avail. So you give up. Man you have just made Satan one happy camper. I always wonder why folks don't get mad at the devil and not God. 

Why does a baby die? Why do mothers miscarry? Why is a teenager with a promising future killed? Why do people not yet in their prime get cancer? Why does an entire plane load of passengers die yet one person onboard survives? Why did some people get out of the World Trade Center yet others perished or leaped to their death? I don't know. All I do know is God can comfort if you let Him. 

Your time on Earth is so short and no one knows when they will die or how. I just had a 63 year old friend die of brain cancer. People prayed for her healing but it didn't work. But sometimes it does. All I know is that God's ways are not our ways and He can work things out for the good. Whatever you are going through don't run from God but embrace Him and let Him hear from you. That is pray. You will feel better. 

PRAYER: I know you can give peace to my heart. If I have ever been angry forgive me. Loss hurts, but your plan has a future and a hope and part of it is heaven. Help me comfort those who are hurting. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment