Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Easy Street


For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:3
I love to snow ski and only get to go usually on one trip a year but it is so fun. Even though I have skied since 1997 I still am most comfortable on the green runs which for non skiers are the easier less challenging ones. Still fun but you aren't petrified that you will kill yourself. The runs have catchy names and most ski resorts have a green run called Easy Street.

In life don't you wish it were all easy streets? But if in fact it were you would never learn anything or grow. Sometimes it takes a bit of pain and struggle to have things turn out strong. Not Murphy's law but God's law. Even in snow skiing if those of us comfortable gliding down the easy street would just challenge themselves a bit you learn more and develop more skills.

Each and every day presents it's own set of challenges. God has not left you alone. He is there to lift you up and see you through all that comes your way.

PRAYER: I like times of ease and comfort but I know Lord they don't last and things will come my way to strengthen me. Help me realize this and stand strong under adversity. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment