Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, December 16, 2016

Wading Through The Piles Of Life


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Those of us blessed to be in America may have so many things that we really do not need. We get our 'stuff' and on top of that the mail, the books, the email, and on and on it goes and it seems we are wading in a sea of pile or being piled upon. 

Perhaps you can identify with my statement in some way. You either are under a mountain of stuff that needs to be organized or gotten rid of. The mail pile on your counter has gotten out of hand. The refrigerator contains 'biology experiments' as I like to affectionately call them, that need thrown into the garbage and then there is email, electronic trash. If you allow it to these things can really grate on you. A clutter free life is a more peaceful hectic life in my humble opinion, not saying I have 'arrived' yet but working on it. 

Maybe you have emotional clutter too that you need to go to the Lord about before it overwhelms you as well. This time of year can accentuate problems and issues. Try to keep things simple and not try to live up to everyone else's expectations and you indeed will feel better. Make it a daily point to get alone with the person whose birthday we are celebrating this month. You know, Jesus. 

PRAYER: Today I choose to wake up and get myself going. I choose to seek a peaceful life and not one filled with the clutter of life that is often unnecessary. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment