Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Letting The Enemy In



"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. " Matthew 6:19-21

A few nights ago I accidentally left our garage door open all night. When I discovered this early the following morning I was concerned about little critters such as possums or skunks that may have wandered in more than I was thieves. Although both possibilities existed, the animals getting in bothered me more since we live in the country. 

In your life do you allow thieves to 'break in' and loot and plunder? You may buy many valuable things then lock them up in your homes,storage units, your cars, storage sheds,and bank lock boxes. Earthly possessions are great but the main treasure to store up that can't be stolen is the word of God in your heart. By doing this daily you have the ability to handle many things that happen in life to include a real physical break in should it occur. 

Where indeed is your life treasure? 

PRAYER: Fear can grip me Lord when I think my home has been robbed. I need to insure that my real treasure is you in my heart. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment