Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Do You Follow Jesus This Close?



He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Luke 10:27

My title was actually a bumper sticker I saw which sort of made me smile. It was the drivers way of saying "Do you have to tailgate me?" I found it humorous so decided to build today's writing on this theme.

How close in fact do you follow Jesus? Church goer only? Church member but don't attend? Some Christian bumper stickers and billboards may be a bit over the top but indeed probably the person who created it had the right intent. The Holy Spirit has to convict an individual of their need for Him as shoving Jesus down someone's throat tends to backfire often with dire consequences. 

But really how close do you follow Jesus? The saying is if you were arrested for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you? Something to think about. 

PRAYER: I don't want to be guilty of not loving you and serving you Lord. I know in the times we are in people are drifting away as the government almost says certain vile things are okay. Lord I cling to you and your word. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment