Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Unforgiveness In Your Heart?


 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:14-15
I say I have no unforgiveness but I was wounded in my heart by a former friend and sometimes feel like just snubbing her. Is that right? Certainly not. I know when feelings like that crop up I have to rebuke the enemy for even making me think ungodly thoughts and press on to a loving and kind attitude.
The verse today indicates we are to forgive. Think of Jesus being mocked, spat upon, stripped, lashed with whips, cursed at, yet what did he say? "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." It is easy to hate but much harder to show true love especially  when the recipient may not care about you at all.

Who do you need to forgive today? Sometimes a person may be unaware they ever hurt you but you still have to move on and let the healing begin.

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I have had wrong thoughts about people. Help me remember to always pray and continue to love even when that love is not returned. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment