Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Ten Cents From A Dollar


You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me.Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. Malachi 3:9-10
What do you get if you take ten cents from a dollar?  90 cents of course. That seems like very little money to be able to sacrifice each week yet how many neglect this important principal from God's word of tithing or giving ten percent of your earnings to the Lord? This money is not yours because God has given you the ability to earn it. The gift should not be  the last of the money after you pay your bills but the first thing.
Tithing should be a joy and not  to be done because you feel like have to. In 2 Corinthians 9:7 it reads "Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." Do you consider yourself a cheerful giver or do you feel you may border on being selfish with God? 
Do you realize all the money you have been blessed with is really God's? So many people do not understand the principal of tithing and therefore do not participate in it. Even well meaning Christians can 'rob' God of His tithe. Why not purpose in your heart that you will start to be a cheerful giver and do it faithfully and see what happens? Do it from your heart. 

PRAYER: I know your word says where my treasure is there will be my heart and I certainly would rather my treasure be stored in Heaven and not consumed on things that don't last. Help me to start being a faithful tither but to not announce it to everyone when I do. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment