Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Obadiah. Say What?



See I will make you small among the nations; you will be utterly despised. Obadiah 2
Oh my goodness. What or who is Obadiah? It is a extremely short book in the Old Testament where Obadiah prophesies judgment against Edom for violence against Israel. Not a good idea to mess with God's chosen people. The outcome will never be good. 
Take some time and read this book which is one tiny chapter. There is much insight into what happens when people get high and mighty and think they know better than God or don't need Him. Worse yet when we diss Jewish folks that is really a no no.

Take time each day and read one of these smaller chapters found in the latter part of the Old Testament. Ask God to open your mind to what He wants to reveal to you. Challenge yourself to learn about some of those minor prophets. Your life could be enriched by it. 

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for my freedom I enjoy in the United States to freely worship you and openly have a Bible out. I pray for those Christians who rarely pick up their Bible. May the Holy Spirit convict those I know like this of their need for studying your word. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment