Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Coarse Jesting....Should We Or Shouldn't We?



Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.Ephesians 4:5

I often wonder how many people may lead dual lives. One for Sunday church and one the other 6 days. When it comes to rude, crude, filthy humor that is found in many mainstream movies today how many of us are bothered by it to the point we choose not to go or how many say "It is just a movie?".Something to think about. 

What prompted me to write about this topic today was recently I happened upon a You Tube video of an actress who shall remain nameless who many associate with a Christian film out in the past two years. The video just surprised me so much that this lady would do it. But it is only acting right?? She was reading a children's book with the F word constantly in it. A children's book! 

Search your heart and see if in fact you find nothing wrong with swearing and crude humor and maybe it is time for God to perform heart surgery. None of us are perfect for sure and there may be occasional slip ups but if you aren't bothered at all by some of this nastiness just ask yourself if you would say certain things if Jesus were with you cause He always is.

PRAYER: Lord God I know I am not perfect. I have said wrong words before or laughed at crude jokes. I know your desire is for purity in the inner man and for me to set an example for you. Help me to stay away from places that cause me to engage in bad junk. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment