Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, March 30, 2015

The Line..The Wait

                   
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

No one I know likes to wait especially if it is unexpected and they are in a hurry. Recently I stopped to find a coffee place going down I 65 and I need not mention which one. It was the most crowded of their chain stores I had ever seen, even in New York City. The line grew longer and patience grew thinner. Smiles turned into looks of frustration. I began chatting with a customer next to me passing through from Florida to Wisconsin. Even though I wished they were faster, I was not late for anything so just hung in there. 

Waiting is not fun and at times very difficult to do. It could be waiting in a line, waiting for news from a doctor, waiting for a phone call, waiting for test results at school, waiting for an important letter. Whatever it is it is necessary to focus on something else while you wait. Probably waiting for an answer to prayer is especially difficult. But we press on and pray on holding onto hope not listening to doubters or nay sayers, simply believing and trusting. 

What are you waiting for today? Are you able to calm your heart and be still while you wait? 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I thank you that I know you hold the future no matter what it is. I know you will help me press on as I wait for things to include answers to my prayers. In Jesus' name. Amen.
                       Click link below for song of hope:

                   http://youtu.be/Bb7TSGptd3Y

No comments:

Post a Comment