Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Throw Off Works of Darkness


And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14

We are in a battle of good and evil. The enemy has put us in a mind game. When you hear the word 'darkness' you may say "I don't read horoscopes, play the Ouija board, or go to fortune tellers." Those are obvious forms of darkness even though I have met believers who follow their horoscopes. Only God knows the future, not an astrologer. 

So darkness could be simply opening up the door to the enemy by your choice of reading material or what music you listen to. It can also be through programs you choose to watch on television or at the movies or even live plays you go to. The enemy is sinister and will try to make darkness appear okay. How else would he capture so many innocent victims?

We have to be on our guard because the Satan prowls around trying to destroy us. It says that in God's word too. Ask God to reveal to you any areas of your life that border on leading you from Him and get them out of your life. Keep your heart and mind pure and holy. 

PRAYER: Lord I want to 'walk' a walk pleasing to you. Alert me to any dangers lying in my path that could throw me off course. I look to you for my strength and the enemy has no power over me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link for a song of worship:

No comments:

Post a Comment