Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 13, 2015

The Bucket List



When you do good deeds, don’t try to show off. If you do, you won’t get a reward from your Father in heaven. Matthew 6:1

Author, Bible teacher and speaker Joyce Meyer says we should start a bucket list but not the kind where we have stuff WE want to do, but instead a list of what we want to do for others before we meet JESUS. Great idea, I love it! I have a regular bucket list and have already fulfilled a few of the things on it.  Air boat ride in Everglades, check. Tandem Skydiving, check. Bi plane ride, check. Hot Air Balloon ride, check, three times. Nothing wrong with making a list like this.

Think beyond yourself for just a moment and write down things you could do for others without any thought of puffing yourself up in the process.  If you are in medical field perhaps go on medical missionary trip. Make care kits for disaster victims. Get a buddy at a local nursing home that needs a friend and visit weekly.  Pay for food of the person behind you at a drive thru or treat someone to coffee at drive thru. Buy some gift cards to have on hand to give when the spirit leads you. Be creative and make your list.

Not only when you do this will you help someone else but it takes the focus off of yourself. God first, others second, yourself last. Now go be a blessing!

PRAYER: I love you Lord and I thank you for the opportunities I have had to fulfill things on my bucket list but help me think beyond myself of ways to help others too before you call me home. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment: