Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Mouth and Emotions



Those who guard their lips preserve their lives, but those who speak rashly will come to ruin. Proverbs 13:3

Much is to be said about thinking before you speak or thinking before you text or type and email for that matter. Your words bear much weight and they can be taken the wrong way if not thought out. This was me recently making an innocent spur of the moment comment to a someone online and it was perceived the wrong way and caused a little minor upset. Ouch. I never mean that to happen but sometimes it does. Then we have to go digging ourselves out of the hole we just created for ourselves by our careless words. 

At times it is best to not say or write anything especially if your emotions are running wild. If a particular issue is on your mind and you have not thought it out clearly then you may be tempted to let your mouth pop open in person or through your keyboard and type or say something you later regret. The thing is words are said and it is too late. This is why it is oh so crucial to think before your speak.

I have a sign on my refrigerator that says "Talk Less, Listen More" and this is good advice for anyone. Let me add one more thing. Pray always. 

PRAYER: Lord the mouth is so hard to control at times. Help me when I am upset or confused to not just speak off the top of my head but to think things through first. I know saying the wrong thing can be disastrous and I do not want it to be. Teach me to be still. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment