Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

A Very Special Birthday



Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

Today marks 40 years since I asked Jesus Christ into my heart as my Lord and Savior and became born again. My sister and I share the same day. We both had been baptized as children in about the 6th grade and were good church going kids but lacked the fire and understanding of making Jesus come alive and be real in our lives. Our parents did the right thing and laid the foundation as we did for our sons but each person must come to the Lord on their own timing and by the own choice. You need to ask the Lord to come into your heart.

Church membership does not mean Jesus is in your heart, nor does baptism, nor does baby dedication. To receive Christ you have to say something like this. "Jesus I am a sinner. I need you in my life. I want to give you my old self and start a brand new life living for you. Come into my heart. " Once that happens, at least for me, I had a hunger for the word of God. I wanted to read the Bible. I wanted to listen to Christian music. I wanted to go to Bible study.

Once Christ lives in your heart 2nd Corinthians 5:17 takes on new meaning. It says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here." Do you want a spiritual birthday?

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for making yourself real to me. I know the enemy has made attempts to deceive me and pulled me off course a couple times but I thank you that you pulled me out of the pit and made me new. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link and prepare to worship the Lord:

No comments:

Post a Comment